Friday, November 10, 2017

Psalm 23

Psalm 23

Ps 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.
Ps 23:2 He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters.
Ps 23:3 He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.
Ps 23:4  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Ps 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.
Ps 23:6 Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 23 is probably the most revered and cherished of all parts of the Bible because it is so encouraging to us. Our innermost need and desire is to have a good leader, a good Shepherd. Jesus said I am the Good Shepherd, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. When He said this He probably capitalized the word THE so that we would understand that He did not mean just any leader or a way or some truth, but the only demonstratively Good shepherd, the only Way, the only Truth, and the only source of Life. He Himself is personally all that and more. He is good and all goodness.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God sent not the Son into the world to judge the world; but that the world should be saved through him. He that believeth on him is not judged: he that believeth not hath been judged already, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the light is come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil.

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, lest his works should be reproved. But he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God. (John 3:15-21)